December 6, 2012

commissions roundup!


Oh man, the deadly combo of Thanksgiving cook-a-thons, cyber Monday shopping, and Etsy orders didn't leave much room for my little NaFauxRiMo experiment, did it?  I think I am going to continue working through the list of assignments without putting a deadline on it, because life has enough deadlines as it is, am I right, ladies??*

* "Am I right, ladies?" is my new catchphrase. 

Anyhoo, I'm so excited to share with you some of the projects I've been working on these last few weeks!  Above, you can see the Christmas card I made for my tumblr pal Meghan of the blog M. D. Lawson.  I have to say, I'm really proud of how it turned out.  As a Nice Jewish Girl, it is rare that I get to study the way Santa hats drape on various heads or figure out what the most common hues are for multicolored tree lights, so this was a real treat.  Aren't they such a cute little family?



Other than that family portrait, the other portraits lately have been simpler:


This girl rocked dark blue streaks and red lipstick in her reference photos.  I approve.

This one was commissioned by the mother of a little six-year-old girl.  I also did some uncolored versions with different hairstyles for the girl to color in.  What a fun idea!

Lastly, another portrait for Meghan (this one actually came before the Christmas card).

Other projects in the works are: a pair of customized paper dolls for a client's parents with their wedding outfits (an idea I am totally stealing for my family come Chanukah!), more work with my favorite cupcake lady, some various logo designs, AND getting my prints sold in an actual brick-and-mortar shop!  I am so excited about this!  More details to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my the first drawing got to be my favorite, is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete